Tuesday, February 10, 2009

pre-practice jitters

I'm particularly nervous about practice tonight. I've been going to derby practice every week for 7 months now and I still sometimes get nervous. Not all the time. And usually its on days when I'm nervous that I end up having a great practice and on days when I'm super pumped that I end up having a tough time.

Sunday's team practice was great. We met up an hour before practice to go over some of the less obvious WFTDA rules and discuss strategy a little bit. And practice was great. I'm really starting to feel like part of the team. I've been working on quick burts of speed and I noticed some personal improvement. Once again, my lack of endurance kicked me in the face in wee bit, but I think my endurance is building up, slowly but surely.

No comments: