Tuesday, October 21, 2008

first bout jitters

I've been practicing with the B-team these last few weeks. I'm starting to feel less lost when scrimaging. And this Saturday, I will be playing my very first bout. I'm super excited because I really don't want to wait until April (when the season starts up again) to play, but I'm absolutely terrified because Saturday is just so damn soon. I'm going to lose my roller derby virginity. Thinking about it too much sends shivers down my spine.

I'm feeling more and more like a real derby girl every day. I've got my crew of newbies who have now become really good friends. But I'm also getting to know a lot of the veterans much better. And the 7 or so hour drive to Kitchener with a couple of the girls from the B-team ought to help me get to know more people better. Its great to feel like I'm part of the league as opposed to being some shy little girl who's testing out the rollin' waters.

I'm also pretty pumped about the afterparty that will follow my very first bout. Win or lose, the montreal derby girls party like no one else.

I love my life.

1 comment:

Ashwin said...

Well, good luck and I hope you have a great time. I guess roller skating must definitely be better when doing it in a group.